Wednesday 10 July 2013

challenge given and accepted

so in the process of doing something different, that was set to me as a challenge by someone i work with, they decided to challenge me to making a comic with some of my designs, so being me i accepted the challenge, because i am generally always up to try something new, and let me tell you, it is kinda proving harder than first imagined, it has taken me two days but i have finally got the designs done i think, some of them have changed looks several times in the last couple days, so maybe they still need some work but i think i got the main ideas done just some minor tweaking needed, waiting to hear back from someone who i sent them to, so i can hear her ideas on where she thinks i could change or improve, waiting patientally :) the part that i am finding difficult is the dialog, i have never really been one to tell a story, i can write poems no problem but when it comes to having to tell a story my mind is blank, i have sat and pondered it for awhile, i am not gonna put a time on that because lets put it this way, i have sat here for a long period of time and still come up with nothing, like i said not my gift. but im still gonna keep trying, because like a very wise friend of mine told me yesterday, she said, "try try try again, Do you think I should give up trying to do new things because I might suck at them?, you cant stop trying ok, should a writer give up after 3 failed books? What if the fourth is a hit like the FSOG, My point is dont ever stop trying"      ok....... i guess she has a point (but dont tell her i said that :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment